Managed Recognition was created by the Orbograph Client Services group as a value-added process to ensure product performance of Automation Services and Automation Services LE (also available with other recognition products upon request). We observed how customer field performance can deteriorate due to considerations of live production, including scanner quality, document design, additions of new documents, proper confidence level setting, document template creation, item preparation, stamping procedures by tellers and varying validations.
By evaluating various total quality management methodologies, Orbograph chose to implement a customer-centric approach following Deming’s DMAIC methodologies, laying the foundation for Managed Recognition to ensure guaranteed performance over an extended period of time.
The foundation to Managed Recognition includes 5 key phases:
- Define the problem
- Measure key aspects
- Analyze the data
- Improve or optimize
- Control the future state process
In order to fully reach the potential of a customer site, Orbograph also developed a wide set of technologies and tools to support these processes within Managed Recognition.
- Define: Item definition and setup completed with OrboTool, Orbograph ICR tool(Intelligent Character Recognition)
- Measure: Online business intelligence (BI) provides detailed measurement and monitoring of site performance
- Analyze: Orbograph Portal: Interactive charts and graphs calculate read and misread rates at a document level, branch level tracking, teller level query, health monitor, IQUA statistics
- Improve: Image Logger - Logging mechanism used to identify lower performing items for system tuning. Refine item definitions and communicate to department heads on how to improve the process, i.e. provide teller endorsement feedback
- Control: Business activity monitoring (BAM), eReports send to customer daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly and ScanIQA uses control document to focus on scanner quality
Managed recognition reduces workflow inefficiencies and maximizes the value of the Orbograph solution. This is particularly important for larger financial institutions who have reporting limitations and lack controls to maximize automation rates. For community and regional financial institutions, Managed Recognition provides a simplified approach to optimizing system operation.