Opti-Lift™ Technology was initially designed with one goal in mind; fully automate paper processing leveraging innovative technologies. This simple, yet challenging deliverable provides a myriad of downstream benefits which deliver on straight-through processing benefits for healthcare providers.
Opti-Lift™ is the foundation to the Orbograph Paper2Post (P2Post) solution which reads and extracts transactions, service line and claim data from scanned images of EOB’s, correspondence letters and patient payment coupons, generating EDI 835 files for posting automation into the Practice Management System (PMS) of a group practice, patient billing system from a private practice or hospital information system (HIS).
Due to the complex nature of EOBs, Paper2Post utilizes a variety of technologies and process methodologies to automate the processing of EOBs to insure postability and accuracy of the EDI 835 files. The system utilizes a six-step process which blends Orbograph applied technologies with a number of finely tuned quality control processes and application functionality:
- EOB images are tested for pixel quality, enhanced for recognition processes and read by multiple optical character recognition (OCR) engines which feed sophisticated voting algorithms to optimize the recognition results
- Opti-Lift Q0, Q1 and Q2 processes leverage dynamic EOB adaptation, auto learning and semi-structured format classification to bypass traditional inflexible template driven approaches
- Field-level processing controls validate the quality of the field output via claim and service line characteristics
- Post processing completion merges claim data from EDI 837 files to output fields, inserts OCR assisted correction, balances service line and claim totals and validates field level information with context sensitive validations
- EDI output quality controls apply service line amount and business rule validations as EDI 835 files are being formulated
- Automation Management is the overall systematic process built around Lean Sigma concepts of monitoring HPAC and Opti-Lift for yield and productivity monitoring, statistical reporting, process improvement
"The Opti-Lift™ Technology is unlike anything else in the market today in that it does not rely on traditional template approaches. Sophisticated layout validation along with quality control capabilities of the workflow provide a much higher level of automation and accuracy."
Co-President and CTO, Orbograph